Schedule an Event
To inquire about booking a keynote, guest lecture, panel, or media appearance, send a message through this form. For business matters, contact Mr. Joseph’s literary agent, Alia Hanna Habib at the Gernert Company, or his film/TV agent, Michelle Weiner at the Creative Artists Agency.
Channing Gerard Joseph
Journalist, Author, Historian, Diversity Expert
Since 2000, Channing Gerard Joseph has regularly appeared before audiences at colleges and universities, art galleries and museums, and corporations of all kinds. He has recently spoken Columbia University, The New School, the University of California–Berkeley, the Academy of Art University, Oberlin College, Northwestern State University, Drew University, San Francisco’s The Lab, Oakland’s African-American Museum and Library, and Fusion.
Mr. Joseph’s wide-ranging expertise includes: journalism and journalism education; narrative nonfiction; African-American history, literature, and genealogy; early LGBTQ history; diversity, inclusion, and access in education and the workplace; implicit bias; and kidney health and organ transplantation in African-American communities.
Here are some of the titles of his recent talks (organized by subject):
- The Black Drag Queens Who Fought Before Stonewall
- Vodou Dances and ‘Grossly Immoral’ Preaching: Sexual Politics and the Emergence of Queer Activism in New Orleans, 1889-1907
- ‘Queen’ of the Capital: The Pathbreaking Activism of William Dorsey Swann and the Underground Drag Scene in 19th-Century Washington, D.C.
- Intersectional Futures and the Legacy of Octavia Butler
- The Future Is Now: Octavia Butler’s Kindred and the Dreams of Slaves
- Covering ‘Invisible Communities’: Diversity & Design in the Quest for New Readers
- Why Does Diversity Matter? Taking Identity Into Account in Reporting and Editing
- What Journalism Can Teach Us About Diversity: How to Use Our Privilege to Empower Others and Confront Injustice
- Why We’re Vulnerable to Fake News
- Narrative Journalism in an Age of Social Media
- Giving Me Life: African-American Organ and Tissue Transplant Recipients
- My Kidney Transplant Journey
African-American History and Culture
Diversity and Implicit Bias
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 Channing Gerard Joseph | Site designed by Channing Gerard Joseph